Terms and Conditions
- The Client must provide a sitemap of pages that they want developed and implemented on to the website. Any additional pages not listed in the original sitemap can be implemented and billable at an hourly rate.
- The Client will provide the content needed including text and photos for the website. If the Client does not provide content, HUD will supply placeholder content.
- HUD will provide the Client with a gallery of high quality, fully licensed stock photos to select from in the need of photo content free of charge.
- The Client shall use all reasonable efforts to provide needed information, content and approvals in a timely manner. Any delay by Client will result in a day-for-day extension of the due date for all deliverables.
Design & Development:
- Once the site design is approved by the Client, usually via email consent, the design is considered ready for development. Should the Client wish to make changes to a design they have approved, those changes are billable at an hourly rate. Same terms apply after development is completed and approved.
Hosting & Maintenance:
- There are optional add-ons provided such as hosting the website that we like to offer that will make the management of the website easier and more secure. If you select a Helpful Add-On, a separate invoice will be sent on a monthly basis where you can pay securely online.
- After the site is launched, there are going to be necessary platform and security updates that need to be made on your WordPress platform. It will be up to the Client (unless opting for one of the Helpful Add-Ons) to ensure all plugins and WordPress version numbers are up to date. Failure to keep the platform and/or plugins up to date could result in your site failing to function properly, being hacked, deleted or data/information lost.
- Should Client decide to host and manage their website on another server, HUD cannot take responsibility for problems caused by the Client or due to being on another hosting provider. The Client can request help and HUD will due all they can to provide any help via email. If HUD believes it will take a significant amount of time to fix the problem, we will advise the Client before proceeding.
- The Client will have 15 days to pay any dues for any Helpful Add-Ons selected. If payment is not made within 15 days, HUD has the right to shut down the website until a payment is made.
- A 50% down payment is required to begin development of your website. The outstanding balance on your website is due after the full development of design has been approved.
- Final payment is due after the website is developed and fully functional regardless of whether all content for the pages has been sent by the Client. This provision is in place to encourage the Client to get content submitted promptly so that their site can go live. It also ensures that HUD gets paid for performing their duty under the proposal, despite tardy content from the Client. After payment, HUD will still post outstanding content at no charge for the next two months. In the event an “under construction” page can be posted due to missing content. If the content is still not provided after two months, content posted to the site will be billable at an hourly rate.
- HUD assumes the Client has permission from the rightful owner to use any images or design elements that are provided by the Client for inclusion in the website, and will hold harmless, protect and defend HUD from any claim or suit arising from the use of such elements.
- HUD retains the right to display credit on website, graphics and other web content elements as examples of their work in their portfolio and as content features in other projects.
- Should there be a desire to terminate the agreement before the completion of the project, the Client will notify HUD 15 days in advance and pay for services already completed and for hours already worked. If the Client has paid for services that have not been completed, Client will be refunded for those services.